Policy Statement on Provider Access
This policy sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to pupils at the school for the purposes of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
2. Student Entitlement
Students in Years 8-14 are entitled:
• To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeship opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
• To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through curriculum evenings, employer talks, group discussions and taster events etc.
• To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
The school will provide
- Two encounters for pupils during the ‘first key phase’ (year 8 or 9) that are mandatory for all pupils to attend
- Two encounters for pupils during the ‘second key phase’ (year 10 or 11) that are mandatory for all pupils to attend
- Two encounters for pupils during the ‘third key phase’ (year 12 or 13) that are mandatory for the school to put on but optional for pupils to attend.
In the context of the provider access legislation, a provider is an organisation that offers approved technical education qualifications or their representative, for example an FE college or training provider.
The school and providers will work together and the school will ask each provider to provide information to pupils that, as a minimum, includes:
- Information about the provider and the approved technical education qualifications or apprenticeships that the provider offers,
- Information about the careers to which those technical education qualifications or apprenticeships might lead,
- A description of what learning or training with the provider is like,
- Responses to questions from the pupils about the provider or approved technical education qualifications and apprenticeships.
3. Management of provider access request.
A provider wishing to request access should contact Abigail Rodreigo, Careers Lead.
Telephone 01732 882111 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities for access
Our provision includes various opportunities for students to access a range of careers and employability events. These are mainly integrated into the schools careers programme and curriculum. These events are therefore delivered internally, with contribution from external providers where appropriate.
The school policy on safeguarding sets out the school’s approach to allowing providers into school as visitors to talk to our students.
Once visits have been agreed, the school will provide appropriate rooming to facilitate the visit, along with any equipment requested by the provider, where it is available.
Providers are welcome to leave a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature to be displayed in the library or other suitable location