1. Students have an virtual lesson every week on Wednesday for Independent Living. The PowerPoints for these lessons will be uploaded on the Friday before on this page.
2. On the ‘Video Links for Pupils/Life Skills videos’ section on the website are some Life Skills videos created by all staff and a tick sheet. I would love our KS5 students to be working through these understanding how to do the basic life skills in the home. All these instructions will be on that tab.
3. When not completing life skills tasks there are a range of short courses students could be completing. Most students would have already completed at least 3 of these, so only select the ones they have not yet completed. If you are unsure what they have completed, please email me and I can let you know. The students are welcome to use the internet to research their answers.
- Living independently PowerPoint - Attached and made by Mrs Cave-Brown
- Finance PowerPoint – Attached and made by Miss Hartley
- Gardening booklet – Attached and made by Mrs Cave-Brown
- Food Wise - Attached and made by Mrs Martin-Attached is a table of skills to be completed. Students can cook whatever they like but aim to complete as many skills as possible. This is optional, we understand that not all food is accessible, so not all skills will be able to be completed. We will finish any incomplete skills at school.
- Road wise- First Aid booklets created for Level 1 and 2 - Attached and made by Miss Dobney- Start first with the level 1 and once finished go onto the level 2. Students will need to type each topic into the search bar on www.sja.org.uk, and that will provide you with presentations and videos that can help them answer all the questions.